[wisb] May Walks: Sundays in the Park (Grant: SE Mke Co)

  • From: Betsyacorn@xxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 13:06:09 EDT

Please join us on Sunday mornings in May ('cept  for the last weekend) at
Grant Park above the Lake in SE Milwaukee County, and  specifically, in South
Milwaukee.

We meet at 8 am and walk  until we quit! Usually it's an hour or two or
three.... We will meet initially  at Area #8 in Grant Park, near the bluff and
a small lagoon.  It is  accessed via the north Wiloway entrance off of South
Lake Drive.  This  entrance is just south of College Avenue.  We may, as we
have in the past,  divert to Warnimont Park where we've had great luck
walking the bike path. South  Metro and Bender Park are not far either, so we
may head there for the Bobolinks  and other grassland birds.  Join us and let
me if you have questions.   (Weather contingent, and bring comfy shoes/boots
and bins, of  course)

Betsy Abert, So. Milwaukee
betsyacorn@xxxxxxx