[wisb] Mating Sandhill Cranes

  • From: Phil Billings <plb19485@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 09:01:28 -0500

I have walked miles in various marshes to observe Cranes mating and not
once saw the event.  We now live in a Condo near the Yahara River.  Two
days in a row we have observed outside our windows a pair mating.  It does
not last long enough for me to gather my camera, but after all these years
I have seen the performance.  Hope they have a successful breeding season.
Phil Billings
Westport, Wi
Dane County