[wisb] Marsh Wren!, Oshkosh

  • From: Paul Bruce <birdsandfish50@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 17:14:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hey folks, during my noon-hour I took a leisurely bike ride around the
Westhaven golf pond, and as I chose a random spot to park, I started pishing
right away and immediately got a song sparrow and some CHITting to respond, the
call, belonging to a Marsh Wren, which took me by surprise.  Having checked my
records when I got back I've had very few October records, much less LATE
October. Waterbirds present were just mallards and the PB grebe.
  And speaking of golf, my brother and I spent some time at the Utica Golf
course driving range later this afternoon which is located WSW of town near my
count area where I also enjoyed numerous flocks of 4 blackbird sps., the other
being Brewer's, plus several Lapland Longspurs. Now if I was on the course I'd
be shooting birdies, not just watching them.  (ok, now I'm not THAT good).

      Paul Bruce,
      Oshkosh