[wisb] Madison loons

  • From: tom prestby <jjprestby@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 08:33:22 -0500

Just a quick note that after last nights severe thunderstorms, Lake Monona in
Madison is now completely open. While driving by the lake on my way to work
this morning I saw at least ten loons, just from John Nolen Dr. The same is
probably true for Lake Mendota but I did not drive by it this morning.

With quite a bit of ice still on the lakes to the north of Madison, it could be
an ideal year for seeing ridiculous numbers of Loons in the Madison area. The
high count on Ebird is 152 set by Andy Paulios two years ago, who will be the
one to take his record down??

Tom Prestby
Madison