[wisb] Madison area Bigby birding

  • From: Andy P <andypaulios@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 14:33:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Folks,

Went out for an enjoyable bike ride today to work on my Bigby list.  I was
hoping for some shorebirds at Nine Springs but the water is pretty high.  I did
finally get SORA on my list for this year.

Olin Park had some warblers and other migrants.  Lots of redstarts, a single
magnolia, chestnut-sided, a few Tennessees, yellowthroat, nashvilles, a Veery,
Red-eyed Vireo and a number of pewees.  The mosquitoes weren't too bad if you
had bug spray on.

My house has actually had a few warblers this last couple of days (unusual in
Fall).  This morning I had 4 Cape May Warblers in the yard.....which is 3 more
than I've had all year!!

Andy Paulios
McFarland, WI