[wisb] Madison - Capitol bird report 4/12

  • From: Mike Duchek <mikeduchek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Peter Fissel <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 15:22:42 -0500

The thrasher continues.  This is at the King St. (diagonal) entrance.  Go right
up where the steps are past the cedar/arborvitae bushes and there are some bare
other bushes on both sides in front of the steps.  He's on the left.  We
wondered if we should put out a water dish for him?  Such a small little area.

On my way to see him an eastern phoebe was up in a crabapple tree.  Many juncos
around the square, I counted 9.  As I rounded by Mifflin St. I saw some
woodpeckers in the trees - a pair of sapsuckers.  This tree is oozing sap all
over.  They must be enjoying it.  Further out I saw some sparrows under a tree.
 I looked and saw a chipping sparrow and a fox sparrow doing it's scratch, very
cool.  Also at least two WT sparrows.

-Mike Duchek, Waukesha, Waukesha Co.