[wisb] MAS bird walks this week (and next)

  • From: Peter Fissel <peter.fissel@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 21:15:00 +0000

Forgot to post a reminder about this week's (many) Madison Audubon field
trips/bird walks. As always, walks are rain or shine, but may be canceled in
the event of heavy rain or especially T-storms. Use your best judgment.

Tuesday May 5 - UW Arboretum Warbler Walk. Meet at the Arboretum Visitor's
Center (I did confirm this with Chuck Henrikson) at 6:00 a.m. The warbler
walks will last a couple of hours. Dress warmly, as it may be kind of cool
tomorrow morning, with an east wind.

Weds. May 6 - Cherokee Marsh Warbler Walk. Meet at the north end of Sherman
Ave. at 6:00 a.m. Led by Timothy Baker (email timothybaker1978@xxxxxxxxx)

Weds. May 6 -Evening at Token Creek. Meet at Token Creek County Park, off Hwy
51 just north of the interstate (turn by the Shell Station) at 6:30 p.m. Led
by Ed Saur. (I think he meets by the first parking lot, but you might want to
check with him: email esaur1010@xxxxxxxxx.)

Thursday May 7 - Turville Point Warbler Walk. Meet at the south parking lot at
Olin Park at 6:00 a.m. (by the stoplight where Olin Ave. hits John Nolen Dr.)
Led by Quentin Yoerger and me.

Friday May 8 - Otsego Marsh Wildflowers, Wood Ducks & Warblers. Meet at Otsego
Marsh (go north on Old F off of King Rd., west of Otsego in Columbia Co.) at
1:30 p.m. (for you non-early risers!) Led by Mark Martin and Sue Foote-Martin.

I'm not sure how we ended up with so many, but there are three trips this
Saturday:

Sat. May 9 - Governor's Island - 6:30-8:30 a.m. Meet at the end of Cinder Ln.
(off Main Dr., south of the Central WI Center between Northport and Troy
Drives.) Led by Dan Graham (theluckiest2775@xxxxxxxxx)

Sat. May 9 - Yahara River Trail in Deforest - 7:00-9:00 a.m. Check with Ed
Saur on meeting spot (email esaur1010@xxxxxxxxx.)

Sat. May 9 - Cook Arboretum in Janesville - 7:30-10:30 a.m. Led by Tom
Klubertanz (email tom.h.klubertanz@xxxxxxx for directions.)

And one more Warbler Walk next week:

Tuesday May 12 - Elver Park - 6:00 a.m. Led by Sam Krerowicz and Marty
Evanson. Meet at the west parking lot (the 2nd parking lot you come to after
entering the park from Raymond Rd.) email Sam at
krerowiczs01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or Marty at mtevanson@xxxxxxxxx

For more info on our other field trips, go to:
http://madisonaudubon.org/field-trips-2015 (be sure to also check the link for
our Signature trips.)

Peter Fissel

MAS Field Trips Coordinator