[wisb] Looking for Goldens in Buffalo County

  • From: "RUECKHEIM KELLY" <RUECKEL@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 09:59:05 -0600

I took a group of three with me up to Buffalo County to look for Golden Eagles
on Saturday with no luck.   We were on the ridges near Fountain City and Dodge
Wisconsin.  We also drove through the aptly named Eagle Valley.  Here is what
we saw:

18 Bald Eagles
3 Rough Legged Hawks
5 Red Tailed Hawks
10 Blue Jays
100+ Horned Larks
30 Snow Buntings
50+ American Crows

We had a couple of possible Goldens, but we were not able to ID them as such
before they were gone behind ridge lines.

Kelly Rueckheim
Hillsboro, Vernon County