[wisb] Long-billed Dowitcher vs. Short-billed Dowitcher ID: Two Helpful Articles

  • From: Daniel Edelstein <danieledelstein@xxxxxxx>
  • To: WIS List Serve <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 20:23:10 -0700

…..are interesting and illuminating, per:
http://www.surfbirds.com/ID%20Articles/dowitchers1005/dowitchers.html
<http://www.surfbirds.com/ID%20Articles/dowitchers1005/dowitchers.html>

&

http://www.surfbirds.com/ID%20Articles/dowitchers1005/dowitchers.html
<http://www.surfbirds.com/ID%20Articles/dowitchers1005/dowitchers.html>

Looking forward to seeing some of you on the birding trails when I visit soon
in Madison, Horicon area (including Horicon NWR), and
Door Co. (where, yes, I plan on sleuthing for early-early songbird migrants
heading south and/or dispersing, including early TN Warbler(s)
that do not nest in Door Co., but pass through in late summer/fall.

I’m hoping, of course, that there’s diverse shorebird family members at
Horicon NWR, though, yes, I know it may be too early to expect much
diversity there in late July when I plan to go with other birders.

Regards always,

Daniel Edelstein
Novato, CA

&