[wisb] Re: Late migrants

  • From: Seth Cutright <ferruginous.hawk82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: schaefertrees@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 14:22:38 -0500

It is neat to hear about all of the late migration that is going on...
Just look at what kind of shorebirds are still being seen at the
MCGI... will those still try and nest and go North?  Or are they all
just non nesters who will just hang out around that area until Fall?
I would guess most will keep going... But on another note, while doing
some point counts in the Cedarburg Bog and UWM Field Station on the
5th I still had Alder Flycatcher, and a Yellow-bellied Flycatcher.
The rest of the species were most likely going to nest there.

Seth Cutright
Newburg area, Ozaukee County.