[wisb] Lancaster bird spot

  • From: Nancy Nabak <nnabak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 09:42:36 -0700

Hey guys,
I was visiting my hometown yesterday and a friend told me about the Lancaster
Trail.  It is one mile northwest of Lancaster on Cty K at the bottom of the
hill - there's a gate to the right. It's a fairly new trail put in as an Eagle
Scout project (Eric Fritz) and a LOVELY trail.  If you are birding in S.W. WI,
I highly recommend it. I saw various warblers species including Oven birds, Am.
Redstarts, Blackburnian warblers and Black & White warblers among others. It's
really a very beautiful trail with mature mixed woods and open prairie areas.
There is also an amazing old Oak on the trail, can't miss it, which I have
named "Noel."

Nancy Nabak
Green Bay