[wisb] Lake Park Lark Sparrow and BT Blue Warbler this evening (Milwaukee)

  • From: Tim Hahn <thahnbirder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 20:44:54 -0500

I decided to join in the Lake Park (Milwaukee) fun this evening after work.
I didn't get there at the optimal time, but I still managed to find 17
species of warblers, and the LARK SPARROW was in the ravine just south of
the lighthouse. Most notable warblers were a male BLACK-THROATED BLUE, 5+
singing CANADAS, some lingering PALMS and YELLOW-RUMPED, and more AM.
REDSTARTS than you can shake a stick at. Is it just me, or are the
redstarts and Wilson's dripping off the trees this spring. I've never seen
so many!
--
Tim Hahn
Pewaukee, WI