[wisb] LaCrosse County: Turkey Vultures

  • From: Gwyn Calvetti <gwyntells@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 20:14:28 -0500

Driving home on east bound I-90 just past the mall exit around 6PM, there
was a HUGE gathering of Turkey Vultures checking out supper above the
landfill.  I'd guess at least 200 of them.  There is a roost site (which is
slowly being cut down) in some pines across the highway, but I've normally
seen only about a dozen heading in there or out, depending on the hour.
Gwyn Calvetti
LaCrosse County

--
Gwyn Calvetti