[wisb] Re: Kite @Leola Marsh

  • From: "R & C Dermody" <cdermody@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Wisconsin Birding Network'" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 18:13:19 -0500

We also got to see the White-tailed Kite thanks to the help of Bret from Wausau.
The bird never flew while we were there but thanks to Bret we were able to scope
the bird very nicely for ourselves and a couple other birders, one from
Tennessee.  Also stopped at the marsh to watch the Great Egret down a very large
fish and a Bald Eagle take a waterfowl of some type (too far for close
inspection).  Lots of Sandhills calling, a couple Red tails, many Turkey
Vultures

Dick & Cathy Dermody, St. Francis