[wisb] Kenosha Co. California Gull update

  • From: JDX14@xxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 18:07:42 EST

Hi all,
        I checked for the  California Gull between 3:00 and 4:00 Friday
afternoon. It was not seen.
        This bird is a classic adult. So  that will help anyone looking for
it. The first thing I noted when I saw it  was the mantle was noticeably
darker than the Herring and Ring-billed Gulls.  I saw this with my binoculars
at about 100 yards when I first saw it. The  legs are yellowish green, and
the bill is yellow, with a red spot on the  gonydeal angle, a black spot
forward of that towards the tip, which is ivory in  color. A classic California
Gull bill.
        I failed to mention all  these particulars last night.
        I bird at this spot frequently  and will post if I see it again.
John Dixon
Brighton Township, Kenosha Co.