[wisb] Johnson Creek Landfill

  • From: "Steve Thiessen" <stevethiessen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisb" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 21:05:53 -0600

  After seeing both the hummingbird and the dove, we (Chuck and Delia, Nolan
and Jim) made a few stops on the way back. 1 Black Scoter at Virmond. Black and
Surf Scoters at North Point, in Milwaukee.
 Then we stopped to check out the pond ,at the Johnson Creek Landfill, that
Aaron mentioned a couple weeks ago. The lighting was great, but the wind was
strong.
We got great looks at an adult Thayer's and an adult Lesser Black-Backed
Gull.The lesser was the medium gray type (Graellsii) and had a fair amount of
brownish head markings. I only mention this as there may be other adult lessers
there .
Steve Thiessen Stoughton Dane co.