[wisb] Re: Introducing Others to the Joy of Birding...

  • From: "Wayne & Susie" <wsrohde@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 09:44:22 -0500

No more comments from me re: "TBY" - but, with thanks to Betsy for
mentioning it, I couldn't help but think of my own relationship with my
grandsons while watching Steve Martin holding his "grandson."  It reminded
me of the times when all three of our grandsons came to our home for the
very first time after their births - each at just a few days old.

I recall carrying them around our backyard, and telling them the names of
all the birds that were singing.  I'm sure they were impressed.

Strange behavior on my part?  Who knows!  Who cares!  But probably a little
strange.  Then again, maybe not.

For me it was just natural.  Just another way to share my enthusiasm with
three very special little guys ... with the hope that one day they
themselves might come to know the joy of birding.

Wayne Rohde
Walworth, WI