[wisb] Interesting La Crosse feeder birds in the last few days

  • From: Mary Strasser <mrstrass@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Bird Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 22:57:32 -0600

About 10 days ago I moved to a new home in rural La Crosse.  Since establishing
my bird feeding station, I have noticed some noteworthy clientele.

Last week I had a a NORTHERN SHRIKE perching on the post system holding the
bird feeders, and a flock of PURPLE FINCHES on the tube feeders.  This week I
again have purple finches visiting, as well as a SHARP-SHINNED HAWK that
perches on the feeder post.  I also have many goldfinches, a trio of
chickadees, 2 titmice, 2 downies, a white-breasted nuthatch, and about 6 house
finches using the feeders already.

I am off to a good start birding in my new location!  I hope the birds in my
old Onalaska yard won't miss my handouts too much.

Mary Strasser in Onalaska
La Crosse County