[wisb] Indian Lake Park (Dane Co.) CONNECTICUT WARBLER

  • From: "Mike McDowell" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 12:48:45 -0500

Dottie Johnson and I found a CONNECTICUT WARBLER along the trail going west
from the parking lot at Indian Lake County Park this morning.  A very birdy
place with lots of songsters!  We heard both YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOO and
BLACK-BILLED CUCKOO but were never very close to them.  We were directly
beneath a singing CERULEAN WARBLER but didn't get a good look.  Other birds
included ORCHARD ORIOLE, ACADIAN FLYCATCHER, ALDER FLYCATCHER, and PILEATED
WOODPECKER.  Indian Lake Park is kind of under-birded, but today served as a
good reminder that it's worth checking out near the end of May.

Location:     Indian Lake (Dane Co.)
Observation date:     5/23/10
Number of species:     54

[edited]