[wisb] Inca Dove still present 4:45 pm

  • From: Joan Sommer <jsommer2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 17:57:30 -0500

The Inca Dove was still present this afternoon at Concordia. Same location as
mentioned previously. In the area near the Environmental Center at the north
end of campus.

Was spotted when a student was walking through some grass near the building.
The bird took off which is when I observed it flying over to a deciduous tree
by the parking lot. Jeff Baughman was able to relocate it perched in the tree.
Becca Setzer and Dani Baumann had arrived by that time and all of us were
treated to good views, front, back and side.  When the student who flushed the
bird started her car, the bird flew again. It flew west and slightly south
landing in another deciduous tree near the northwest corner of the closest
dormitory. It was still sitting there preening when we left.

Joan Sommer
N. Ozaukee County####################