[wisb] Inca Dove and Scissor-tailed FC - add me to the growing list!

  • From: "Dar Tiede" <crepuscular@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 23:38:05 -0600

Finally a day off work and a chance to chase these two.  We saw the s-tfc at
~ 10:30 this morning on the red shed and barn as previously posted.  After
leisurely birding , shopping and eating stops along the lake we arrived at
Concordia about 2:30 PM.  About an hour later we finally saw the dove as
Chris and Greg have already reported.  It showed on the rocks after we
called off the troops and all retreated back to the big tree between the
patio and lake and gave it a little breathing room.  Either that move did it
or else it was just the matter of Greg's arrival that brought it out, not
sure.  I'm guessing that might be his story and he's sticking to it!

Thanks to all of you that provided updates on status and location - very
helpful.  Special thanks and congratulations to Nick Seeger for the original
FC find and professor Phil Arnholts for the dove.  Now a vermillion
flycatcher?...what's next?...can't wait to read about it!

Dar and Cathy Tiede
Appleton