[wisb] In the Tub together

  • From: C G <cghwauk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 18:36:07 +0000

It's great when everyone gets along well together.

I had some wild and crazy sighting on the 25th just before the rain.  I had a
Cedar Waxwing and Orioles, both male and female at separate intervals in the
tub (deeper bird bath) together.  I also had in the tub a Female Redstart and
an Oven Bird and that certainly was exciting! I also had the usual, Catbird,
Northern Flicker and Robins in the birdbath.  I also had other Warblers visit
in good view from my living room window, Tennessee, Nashville, Pine, Orange.
Late last night close to 8:30 pm I had a Swainson thrush along with Mr. & Mrs.
Cardinal visiting the bird bath for a drink. Can't forget about Mr. & Mrs. Ruby
Throats they like to hover at the screen of my living room window and I have a
silly Downy woodpecker who has to cling to the screen first before getting to
the suet feeder - what a laugh that is.  You see, I believe all these rare
sightings of togetherness with the birds this year is because I have Classical
music playing 24/7.  It's definitely a great few weeks for me and I'm smiling.
Hopefully Peter F. or Mike K will send pictures I sent to them.

Cathy Heyen
Brookfield, WI