[wisb] Re: Immature vs. juvenile (no WI sightings)

  • From: Seth Cutright <ferruginous.hawk82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 13:03:38 -0400

I don't know too much about molt and timing, but it seems that most
raptors take a few years to get full adult plumage.  So another term
that could be used, and maybe this is too general would be sub adult.
That would at least be more then one year old and less then full
adult, at least how I tend to think about that term, and use.

-Seth Cutright
Mexico, NY
Derby Hill