[wisb] Re: Immature Common Loons

  • From: Karen Etter Hale <chimneyswift1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "plb19485@xxxxxxxxx" <plb19485@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 12:34:22 -0500

We've had three on Rock Lake (Lake Mills, Jefferson County) this summer and
have had one or two every summer for the past few years at least. We put out a
call for photos this year and have received several so far. Two are first year
birds ("nonbreeding" plumage); the third appears to have suggestions of
breeding plumage.

Karen

Karen Etter Hale
Lake Mills, WI