[wisb] ID Question - Red Crossbills?

  • From: Chris Petherick <cpetherick@xxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 11:12:30 -0600

I haven't had the opportunity to actually see a crossbill up close and
personal.  I had these two birds at my feeder just now and I believe they
are Red Crossbills - but I wanted to be sure on the ID as I don't have any
experience with them.  Photos are decent at best, but should do.

Thanks!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/89913914@N02/8492899308/

Chris Petherick

Fox Point, Milwaukee County