[wisb] House Wrens gathering food for their young, Waukesha Co. 8/12/14, some images...

  • From: Jim Edlhuber <jimedlhuber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 14:14:09 -0500

Hi all,
I noticed House Wrens flying back and forth through the yard a couple of
days ago and thought I would see what was going on. They were nesting in an
older Bluebird house in the yard. Both adults were bringing food to the
young in the house. It appeared that a large portion of the food brought in
were Daddy Longlegs and amazingly the legs were all moving on them going to
or into the house. Earwigs, caterpillars and other insects which are also
known to be foods for the House Wrens were also gathered. Unfortunately I
was not there at the time when the young left the nest, it would have been
exciting to see that!

Some images from this event at the link below if you care to view them:

http://www.windowtowildlife.com/house-wrens-gathering-food-young-august-12-2014/

Thanks and good birding!

Jim Edlhuber

Town of Genesee Waukesha Co.