[wisb] Heron eats goldfish

  • From: Mary Guell <mtguell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 13:28:10 -0500

I have a small free form pond about 6' X 12' and have kept goldfish in there
for years. This week a GBH visited and ate all my fish! (over 20)  This is the
first time we have lost any fish to predators.  I'm not sure if it is worth
losing all my pond inhabitats for a new yard list bird!  I don't know if it
makes sense to get more goldfish just to feed the heron.  I might wait to see
if he moves on.

Mary Guell

Green Lake County