[wisb] Help with hawk id? (Outagamie County)

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjamcookies@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 20:10:05 -0500

When downloading my trail cam today I discovered three shots in a row of a
hawk that photobombing it ... unfortunately, they're just the head and
shoulders of said hawk, from the side, and a shot of the back of its head
and neck and sholders.  Any ID help on what kind of hawk this is if an ID
is possible from what little the cam caught are most appreciated.
A silver maple leaf was lying on the ground nearby, which I've marked in
the photos, if that gives any assistance in terms of the size of the hawk.

Here's the images:

http://www.michaelandjudystouffer.com/judy/images/20140925_Trail_Cam_Hawk_01.jpg

http://www.michaelandjudystouffer.com/judy/images/20140925_Trail_Cam_Hawk_02.jpg

http://www.michaelandjudystouffer.com/judy/images/20140925_Trail_Cam_Hawk_03.jpg