[wisb] Help IDing a yard bird, Outagamie County

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjamcookies@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 15:38:47 -0500

I could use some help IDing a bird that's in our yard.  I'm working on
learning my "brown sparrow-like/finch-like" birds right now. I'm frustrated
because I've gone through Cornell's, Crossley, etc., and when I find a
match to the shape, size, beak, etc then look at the head/face markings,
the birds that match the head markings don't match the breast markings.
Argh.  These are photos taken today, trying to get different angles to help
me ID -- through a double-pane window with a pocket camera. They're aren't
good quality but usable I hope.

http://www.michaelandjudystouffer.com/judy/images/Who_Am_I_01_side_20140425_100_2493.jpg

http://www.michaelandjudystouffer.com/judy/images/Who_Am_I_02_top_of_head_20140426_100_2486.jpg

http://www.michaelandjudystouffer.com/judy/images/Who_Am_I_03_chest_20140426_100_2487.jpg