[wisb] Harris's Sparrow--yard

  • From: Daryl Tessen <bhaunts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 17:10:11 -0500

After finishing an early supper I glanced at the feeders by the
living room window.  To my surprise, an immature Harris's Sparrow was
making the rounds of most of the feeders.  It has been around for
over 15 minutes.  This is only the second Harris's I have ever had in
my yard, the first was in the mid 90s, so it has been a long time
before this one.  I had 3 Fox Sparrows here yesterday and they are
still here.  Oddly still not White-cr. Sparrow, but no complaints!!!
Daryl Tessen
Appleton, WI