[wisb] HMBC Dodge county field trip

  • From: Jeffrey Bahls <jbahls@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdnet <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 19:35:28 -0500

Results from todays field trip. Ist stop was Beaver Dam Lake near
Bayside restaurant, we had all 3 merganser species, lesser scaup and a
probable Lesser Black- Backed gull. We scored out first Greater
White-Fronted geese along Hwy J south of Liepsig. A pair of Wood Ducks
were spotted at the Meadow Rd bridge along with a flyover Bald Eagle.
Catbird Rd held about 75 GWF geese, killdeer, horned larks and several
hundred Lapland Longspurs. Bluebirds were spotted along Well Rd. Hwy
"J" east of Reeseville held hundreds of sandhill cranes, BW & GW teal
, Gadwal , Wigeon , Pintail and Ringnecks . The last stop was at Chub
lake in southern Dodge Co. where a Horned grebe was found.

Jeff Bahls
Lowell Wi