[wisb] Green Lake County birds

  • From: JOEY REICHHOFF <jreichhoff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 13:28:48 -0600

I was working in Green Lake County today and nipped over to the Green
Lake Conference Center.  Terry Leasa had informed me of a very active
bird feeder in the grounds.  I quickly located the feeder and sat
there for 5 minutes.  During that time I had 12 species of birds!
Many blue jays, cardinals, and chickadees, along with both nuthatches,
downy woodpecker, juncos, tree sparrows, 2 white-throated sparrows, 1
titmouse, mourning doves, and a robin.  driving along the lake i found
many mallards and canada geese, along with some common mergansers and
goldeneye.  There were also 2 eagles flying around.  On my way back
out, I spotted a large flock of cedar waxwings, and to my surprise,
about a half a dozen bluebirds.  What a great detour stop!  3 FOY
birds!  Now, if I can only find myself a Wild Turkey!  I still don't
have one!

-Joey Reichhoff-
Fond du Lac