[wisb] Grebe or Loon Northridge Lake 76th and Brown Deer Rd Milwaukee

  • From: Brian Hansen <rawshooter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 11:27:58 -0500

I forgot to mention that there is 1 or 2 larger diving type birds on
the small lake that used to be Northridge Lake this morning.  I was
driving by at about 45 mph and had to give a meeting or would have
stopped.  The one I had the best look at had a longer neck and pointed
bill - more Grebe like.  Definitely wasn't a duck.  If someone is in
the area it might be worth checking out.  I saw it at about 9am this
morning along with what looked like a second one of the same that was
farther out.  The lake is located between 70th and 76th St on the
north side of Brown Deer Road.  It used to be part of the Northridge
Lakes apartment complex.

Brian Hansen
Milwaukee - east side.