[wisb] Great-tailed Grackle missed

  • From: Steven Murkowski <smurkowski66@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 12:45:37 -0700 (PDT)

Any early appointment in Appleton gave me a chance to search for the
Great-tailed Grackle in the Darboy area.  I looked from 8-8:45AM without
success.  I was limited to staying inside my car due to the continuous rain.  I
searched the detention pond area, the subdivision east of the Coop Road (which
had many Common Grackles) and west of the pond, along Eisenhower Road.  Further
south along Coop Road, near the intersection of Midway Road, there were many
Common Grackle among the evergreen trees.

Steve Murkowski
Kiel
Manitowoc County