[wisb] Greater White-fronted Geese--Adams County

  • From: Rob Pendergast <acadiantigerheron@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 19:33:13 -0500

Early this afternoon I took a swing to 6th Ave Marsh in northern Adams
County, The marsh is about half open water now with a decent variety of
waterfowl. While scoping I heard the distinct laughing of GREATER
WHITE-FRONTED GEESE overhead. A flock of 17!! They landed on the north side
of the marsh and were still there when I left around 2:30 PM. There were a
few hundred Canada Geese flying in and out of the area, I was able to pick
out 3 Cackling Geese among them. Other highlights include MUTE SWAN, TUNDRA
SWAN, 13 species of ducks (majority were Gadwall and American Wigeon),
LESSER YELLOWLEGS and a YELLOW-BREASTED SAPSUCKER drumming in the distance.
Good Birding!

Rob Pendergast
Town of Plover
Portage Co