[wisb] Great horned on nest

  • From: "Pat Fisher" <feather7@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 16:23:12 -0600

I have a nest box out back of my pole shed and the female has been in there
once a day now for over three weeks.  She does not stay long, but ruts
around, plays in the snow and then sits for about 20 minutes.    She usually
lays eggs the second week in Feb.  I have a camera on the nest box.   She
had two young last year.  What a rush watching them on camera

Pat fisher

New London

Waupaca county

Live simply, love generously,care deeply,speak kindly and leave the rest to