[wisb] Great Egret, Hermit Thrush, Portage County

  • From: janzg@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "wisbirdn: freelists.org" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 16:51:05 -0400 (EDT)

After-the-storm birding this morning I found a Great Egret perched in
the dead snags on the Neenah Papers property near the confluence of the
Wisconsin and Plover Rivers.  Cliff Swallows have returned and a check
of an about 80% ice free Lake Dubay produced 7 Common Loons.  A Field
Sparrow was singing behind the dike and I flushed 2 Hermit Thrushes
along the trail back to Dam Road.  It's nice to hear the familiar call
notes of Yellow-rumped Warblers mixed in with singing of Juncos and Tree
Sparrows.

Gerry Janz,
Stevens Point, Portage County