[wisb] Re: GPS question

  • From: Nancy Richmond <polarpastor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 12:39:22 -0500

Thanks everyone. I switched the coordinate format and now it's right on.
Just wish slogging through bogs was as easy! It's much more fun, however...
Nancy Richmond
Rhinelander -Oneida Co.
On Jul 24, 2015 11:34 AM, "Nancy Richmond" <polarpastor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

My GPS lack of knowledge is driving me crazy! For some reason, when I
put the coordinates for a location as shown on my GPS into Google maps or
eBird, it does not come out in the right place. It's within 25 miles... but
I expect it ti be just a wee bit more accurate than that. The internal map
on the GPS shows the correct location. I'm probably missing something
simple... Looks like I need a whippersnapper! Anybody out there who can
lend a hand?

It's a Garmin handheld 62st

Thanks
Nancy Richmond