[wisb] Re: Fwd: WORM-EATING WARBLER - Fox River Park - Waukesha

  • From: "Tom Wood" <tcwood729@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 18:00:49 -0500

Thanks Tim! When I arrived at about 8:20 A.M. Jim Edlhuber had already seen
and photographed the warbler. It was rather elusive for most of the morning;
I heard what was probably the "song" a couple of times, but I must see the
bird due to the similarity of its song to a Chipping Sparrow call. It helps
to have a good spotter in the area and this time it was Patrick Horn who
spotted it foraging in the leaves near the bottom of the hill about 40-50
feet from the mulched path that runs parallel to the paved path. Pat got me
and another birder on it right away. After a couple of minutes it flew up
into the trees and wasn't seen again for the next hour after that sighting.
Then came the rains. When I left there were still a few intrepid birders
looking in the rain, so I hope they saw it.
Thomas Wood, Menomonee Falls, Waukesha County

From: "Tim Hahn" <thahnbirder@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Apr 29, 2014 7:08 AM
To: "Wisconsin Birding Network" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The WORM-EATING WARBLER is present again this morning in the same spot it
was yesterday at Fox River Park in Waukesha.

Tim Hahn
Pewaukee, WI
Waukesha Cty.