[wisb] Re: Franklin's Gulls - Dunn Co.

  • From: Janine Polk <j_l_polk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdnet <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 06:59:35 -0700 (PDT)

.........Lake Menomin, not Lake Menomonie.........

From: Janine Polk <j_l_polk@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Franklin's Gulls - Dunn Co.
To: "wisbirdnet" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, May 31, 2011, 10:23 PM

Three Franklin's Gulls were the highlight this evening at the Highway B pond.
They and about 20 Ring-billed Gulls eventually flew off headed west, almost
certainly to spend the night on Lake Menomonie.

Almost three miles east of B along 610th Ave. (by the Red Cedar Waterfowl
Production Area) we saw a dark Harlan's type Red-tailed Hawk.

Janine Polk
Eau Claire