[wisb] Fox Sparrows - northern Door Co.

  • From: "Roy & Charlotte Lukes" <rnclukes@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisconsin Birders Network" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 16:22:35 -0500

All week we have seen just two Fox Sparrows in our front yard. I just looked
out now with binoculars and there are five of them. Yesterday I saw an
accipiter chasing a bird across our front yard, getting very close, when the
smaller bird swooped down to our cedar hedge. This morning I noticed one of
the Fox Sparrows scratching on the ground was missing its long tail
feathers. It appears that is all the Cooper's or Sharpie was able to latch
on to.

Has anyone in southern Wisconsin seen a movement of Broad-winged Hawks yet?

Charlotte Lukes

Egg Harbor, Door Co.