[wisb] Forest Beach MIgratory Reserve

  • From: Adam Sinkula <adam0227@xxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 00:06:54 -0500

Hi all,

Nancy Nabak and I visited FBMR today. We did not see the Red Crossbills, but we
met a couple down there who had seen them earlier in the morning in the
evergreens NW of the parking lot.

While walking the trails around the first wooded area we had a BLACK-AND-WHITE
WARBLER and 2 BOBWHITE QUAIL crossing the path ahead of us.  I then got a quick
glimpse of a red bird near the road and was able to get a couple quick shots
but it did not stick around long enough to ID.  Any help would be great.

Bobwhites

http://www.flickr.com/photos/asinkula/7793193708/in/photostream

Mystery Bird

http://www.flickr.com/photos/asinkula/7793196746/in/photostream/