[wisb] Florence Co Big Day 5-27-10

  • From: "Kay Kavanagh" <kkav@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 20:31:34 -0500

Yesterday Ken Damro, Jerry and Karen Smith, and Bob and I ran a Florence Co Big
Day.  We found 135 species which ties for the most species seen in the county
on a Big Day done 5-28-08.  We found 4396 individuals which tops the total of
3710 found in 2008.
Highlights included:

1   Spruce Grouse
1   Upland Sandpiper
9   Whip poor will
4   Red-hd Woodpecker
36 Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
1   Yellow-bellied Flycatcher
3   Gray Jay
1   Boreal Chickadee
21 Warbler species including 1 Blue-winged Warbler
10 Sparrow species including 2 Grasshopper Sparrow
1   Dark-eyed Junco
9   Red Crossbill
18 Evening Grosbeak

Kay Kavanagh