[wisb] Re: First Bird of 2010

  • From: Chris West <little_blue_birdie@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <wsrohde@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "[Wisb]" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 12:59:23 -0600

Hey everyone,
Last bird of '09 for me was a very distant Great Horned Owl.  First bird of
2010?  Barred Owl in my yard at 12:04 this morning.  Now to go find a
Chickadee....... lol

Happy Birding! --Chris W, Richland County
http://swallowtailedkite.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto

"The beauty and genius of a work of art may be reconceived, though its first
material expression be destroyed; a vanished harmony may yet again inspire the
composer; but when the last individual of a race of living things breathes no
more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be
again."

(From William Beebe's "The Bird: Its Form and Function," 1906)