[wisb] Finally some Gulls in Neenah/Menasha

  • From: Stuart Malcolm <stuart.malcolm26@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 17:44:55 -0600

Hi All,

For the first time this winter there were a good number of Gulls (1000+) around
the Neenah/Menasha area with some interesting ones amongst them:

Jefferson Park:
Glaucous Gull 1x 2nd winter
Iceland Gull 1x 1st winter
Great Black-Backed Gull 1x adult

Also the first Redheads and Ring-Necked Ducks of the year.

Riverside Park:
Thayers Gull 1x 1st winter
Iceland Gull 1x 1st winter (a different bird to the Jefferson Park one which
was paler)
Lesser Black-Backed Gull 1x adult

Having had nothing more exciting than the Great Black-Backed for the last few
weeks, this was a welcome improvement!

I've got some bad digiscope photos that  I will put on ebird later.

Good Birding

Stuart Malcolm
Appleton

Sent from my iPhone####################