[wisb] FYI on Bird Field Guides, Books, Etc.

  • From: Jerry <jerry937975@xxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 13:53:13 -0400 (EDT)

I'm aware that many birders love to "collect" not only new field guides, etc.
but also enjoy the older books. The name changes, range changes, etc. are
always interesting to read about. One of my books talks about a birder being
very excited when they saw their first Wisconsin cardinal. They just didn't
exist in any numbers in the early 1900's in Wisconsin.

Anyway, if you are one of those people who search for old book collections,
there is a book store at the Milwaukee airport (Mitchell Field) that sells
nothing but used books and there is an excellent assortment of books there.

Jerry DeBoer
Central Racine County