[wisb] FYI Yahoo subscribers update

  • From: Tom Sykes <sykes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Network" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 19:55:32 -0400

Earlier, I had individually emailed all Yahoo users that had their Yahoo
account removed from the Wisbirdn subscriber list. I mentioned to them that if
and when issues with Yahoo are resolved, I would reinstate dropped Yahoo
addresses again.

I’m informing the entire list that Freelists has developed what they feel to be
a workable solution. As a result, I am told that yahoo.com users may post again
but when they do, their Yahoo email address will be redacted in the From: line
and will look something like this:

individual name (REDACTED: yahoo.com uses DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Please understand that this solution is still being tested and if in fact it
proves not to be a reliable solution, Yahoo accounts may again be unsubscribed.
For this reason, I cannot stress enough the importance of picking another email
carrier (like gmail) to use for Wisbirdn. The problem with Yahoo is a much
wider problem for many other email groups, not just those using the Freelists
servers. An alternate email account should and still remains a priority.

Tom Sykes
Owner WISBIRDN
sykes@xxxxxxxxxx