[wisb] FOYs Forest County and Personal Record Backyard Species Day

  • From: timarytm@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 06:36:52 -0700 (PDT)

At our place in Forest County we had these FOYS on Saturday:
AMERICAN TREE SPARROWS
YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS
YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKERS (Had a group of about five, one with juvenile plumage
yet)
PURPLE FINCH (I know that they could be year-round but we only see spring and
fall at our feeders)
EASTERN PHOEBE

We also had in the yard, American Goldfinches, Dark-eyed Juncos, Mourning
Doves,
Robins, BC Chickadees, Red-breasted nuthatches, white breasted nuthatches,
raven, crows, Pine Siskins, Purple Finch, Pileated Woodpecker, Red-bellied
Woodpecker, Downy Woodpecker, Hairy Woodpeckers,  for a new personal record of
20 species in the yard in one day! No red-wings blackbirds yet.
We also heard the sandhill cranes for the first time and the chipmunks were out
for the first time that we were around also. We had two deer at the feeders
also
on Saturday. Busy place!

Mary Maertz
Near Wabeno, FOREST COUNTY