[wisb] FOY Chimney Swift, others Ozaukee County

  • From: "Tom Wood" <tcwood729@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 15:30:08 -0500

I saw my FOY Chimney Swift at Lion's Den Gorge Nature Preserve this morning.
At the preserve there was a beautiful Trumpeter Swan fairly close to the
boardwalk viewing platform, many Tree and Barn Swallows flying overhead near
the bluff, and roughly 25 Yellow-rumped Warblers. Birds like Dark-eyed
Juncos, Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers, and Tree Sparrows have disappeared, and
Hermit Thrush numbers are down.
At Virmond Park I saw my FOY Bank Swallow. Ruby-crowned Kinglets are still
easy to find and quite vocal in both parks, but I saw no Golden-crowned
Kinglets.

Thomas Wood, Menomonee Falls, Waukesha County