[wisb] Dickcissel

  • From: "Larry Johnson" <lorilynnfarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 16:57:51 -0500

Not much news from West-Central Wis lately.  I've been house bound for three
weeks allowing for a hip replacement to heal over. I convinced my wife that
we should go on a birding/scenery drive last night. Our best sighting was a
singing male Dickcissel (I couldn't hear it of course but it opened its beak
and shook its body as if it were singing).  It was seen on Coddie Klink Road
(love that road name) which is just off Square Bluff Road. To get there you
take County D to Fagerness Lutheran Church and turn on N to the junction
with Square Bluff.  Now you know exactly where I mean-don't you? Probably
one of the most scenic drives in Wisconsin-in my opinion.

Larry Johnson Moen Coulee Ettrick WI